Software streams photo, music and video libraries from any PC or Mac to other computers, gaming consoles, and mobile devices.
San Francisco, Calif. – June 22, 2011 – Cloud Engines, Inc., creators of the Pogoplug multi-media streaming device, released a new, software-only version of their cloud-based streaming service. The new software turns any PC or Mac into a “Personal Cloud,” no additional hardware required. This new version allows users to stream their entire photo, music, and video libraries and makes that content accessible anywhere in the world. Files stored across multiple computers and hard drives can be connected to a single account to provide users one easy interface for streaming all of their files – called OneView™.
“Our software-only product is a very natural expansion of the Pogoplug streaming service that started with our hardware,” said Daniel Putterman, CEO of Cloud Engines, Inc. “By offering solutions that can stream files from your PC, Mac, or external hard drives, we are creating a single access point for anyone who wants to be able to watch their movies, show off their pictures, and listen to their entire music library no matter where they are and no matter where those files are stored. There are no storage limits, no long upload times, and your files are secure at your home, office, or wherever you keep them – not stored with a 3rd party. No one else offers this kind of unified cloud streaming solution.”
The software update includes a number of key features, including three new web apps under the banner of Pogoplug OneView™:
• Jukebox: Sit back and listen to all of your music aggregated from all of your Pogoplug-enabled devices into a single, duplicate-free library
• Cinema: Stream movies for easy remote viewing on the web or your mobile device
• Gallery: See all your pictures in a unified timeline, organized using the files’ original, rich metadata
• My Devices shows all of your Pogoplug devices and Pogoplug PCs and Macs, making it easy to find and share individual files
• Pogoplug software is available for free, allowing users to share and access files remotely and stream all of their photos to any mobile device, PC or Mac.
• Streaming music outside the home network or streaming movies anywhere requires Premium. $29 one-time fee, install on multiple computers.
The Pogoplug software maintains all of the great sharing and data access solutions provided by the original Pogoplug hardware. Users can still access and share files of any size or type from anywhere in the world, to anyone in the world. Pogoplug also released an update to their iPhone and iPad software to take advantage of the new OneView™ apps. With these updated apps, users never have to worry about syncing or storage limits and will always be able to listen to music, look at photos, and watch movies from their entire multimedia library right on their mobile device.
Pricing and Availability
The new Pogoplug software can be downloaded immediately for FREE at http://free.pogoplug.com. The updated iOS apps are also free and available via the iTunes App Store.